Junior Golf Programs
Combining instruction, fitness and fun, our junior programs are geared to bring out the best in your child. Ballantyne Golf Academy offers junior programs year-round for all skill levels. From weekly clinics to summer camps for ages 5-17, we’ll make sure your child is learning the fundamentals and having fun!
Day 1: Skill/ability analysis determines group placement. All Juniors are taught to his/her ability, and will advance accordingly.
- Operation 36: Ages 5-17 Monday – Thursday 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM OR 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Operation 36 All Star Program: Ages 9-17 Tuesday’s & Wednesday’s 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM OR 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Pee Wee Summer Camps: Ages 5-8. Mon – Thurs 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- Junior Summer Camps: Ages 9-12. Mon – Thurs 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- High School Half Day Summer Camp: Ages 13-17. Mon – Thurs 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM All levels grouped by skill analysis/ability. 8th graders welcome!
- LPGA/USGA Girls Golf is offered in the Spring and Fall. Six Friday sessions 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM. Geared to girls aged 7-17. Non competitive introduction to golf, understanding that the golf course is a living habitat, rules, etiquette, instruction and games
We provide golf equipment and training aids for all camps and clinics. If, however, you would like to purchase golf clubs, U.S. Kids Golf club sets may be ordered through your child’s instructor and our front desk staff. Junior clubs are determined by a U.S. Kids Golf measuring stick for 39″ – 60″ player height, and products will be matched to ability. If your junior is ready for custom clubs, our instructional and admin staff will work with you on next steps. Collared shirt and rubber soled shoes required. No denim. Junior sized golf apparel, shoes and gloves, if desired, a lot of these items are available for purchase at the Academy.
How to Choose the Right Program for Your Junior Golfer
We look forward to introducing your junior golfer to the game of golf! When choosing a program (Pee Wee, Junior, Advanced) for your junior golfer, it is sometimes difficult to know which one to sign up for because you are unsure of your child’s abilities. Golf is like many other things in life; it takes a lot of time and practice to advance to the next level. If we only practice any sport for a few weeks of the year – we will always be a “new golfer!” Golf is a marathon, not a sprint. Below are a few questions you can ask yourself to help place your junior in the appropriate class!
- Has your junior golfer had professional instruction before?
- Does your junior golfer practice outside of instruction time for more than an hour a week?
- Does your junior golfer play at least nine holes of golf weekly?
If you answered “No” to any of the questions above, your junior is best fit for our Junior Weekly Clinics, called Spring Tour, Summer Tour and Fall Tour. Although they are called Junior Clinics, please understand that we still group by age and ability! Skills will be evaluated on Day 1 for proper placement. If your junior has been to Ballantyne Golf Academy previously or has attended weekly clinics throughout the year, he or she will continue to learn new fundamentals and will be working on the proper technique.
- Does your junior golfer play on a Middle School or HS golf team?
- Does your junior golfer play at least 9 holes of golf weekly?
- Does your junior golfer practice more than twice a week outside of instruction time?
If you answered “Yes” and your junior golfer is playing golf and practicing regularly outside of golf lessons, understands the basics of scoring, is competing in tournaments, and playing at a higher level on a school team, he or she will be placed in the same foursome. Also, ages 13-17 can register for our High School Half Day Summer Camp, and those with a 25 or better handicap can register for our High School All Day Summer Camp. Eigth graders are welcome in our High School Summer Camps. For questions about advancement through our series of clinics, please speak with your child’s instructor in the first few minutes or the last few minutes of class.
The Mission of the Junior Golf Program
The Mission of the Ballantyne Golf Academy Junior Program is to introduce young athletes to the game of golf in a fun and comfortable learning environment. Junior clinics and camps offer progressive social and competitive programs for all ages and abilities, while focusing on fundamentals of golf, athletic development, and personal growth.